Umm…no, Stan is not deceased, but he will be making a cameo in the new Thor movie.
This really shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone since he has shown up in the majority of the Marvel Comics films thus far. Stan gave us the scoop via the SmilinStan Lee twitter feed yesterday:
- Kenneth Branagh (of course I call him “Ken!”) said my cameo’s set for the upcoming Thor movie. –To him, it’s a cameo, to me– it’s a ROLE!
- I went easy on Ken Branagh when we discussed my role in Thor. Told him I wouldn’t insist on my name above the title, I think he was grateful
- Yeah, I mentioned Ken Banagh a few times, but I warned you I was a name driopper. Seriously tho’, with him directing, Thor’s a sure winner
- Of course, my previous tweet revealed the extent of my innate modesty. I really wanted to add “With me doing a cameo, Thor’s a sure winner”
Here is a list, thus far, of Stan’s cameos…EXCELSIOR!
- Iron Man (2008) …. Hugh Hefner
- Fantastic Four 2 (2007) …. As himself
- X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) …. Waterhose Man
- Spider-Man 3 (2007) …. Man in Times Square
- The Incredible Hulk (2008) …. Milwaukee Man Drinking From Bottle
- Fantastic Four (2005) …. Mailman Willie Lumpkin
- Spider-Man 2 (2004) …. Man Dodging Debris
- Hulk (2003) …. Security Guard
- Daredevil (2003) …. Old Man at Crossing
- Spider-Man (2002) …. Man in Fair
- X-Men (2000) …. Hot Dog Vendor
- The Trial of the Incredible Hulk (1989) (TV) …. Jury Foreman