Looking for Group is a bi-weekly webcomic created by Ryan Sohmer and Lar Desouza. It is a quality comic for all Online Gamers, but most especially the World of Warcraft crowd. I have been reading it on and off for quite sometime now and enjoy the quality art and humor in the writing.
Last year at DragonCon I ran across their booth and was happy to see them at one of my favorite conventions. Little did I know that that would be their last showing at D*C.
Today on their website they shared a tale of woe from DragonCon 2009. Be sure to read their full description of what happened, but here is the gist:
- Fees paid for a larger spot than previous year
- Upon arrival find that you were moved from where you wanted to the back
- Complain politely and be rebuffed by potty mouthed staff
- Keep escalating till you hear from a board member and they apologize
- Eventually get fees refunded and get to keep your crappy spot
- Determine to come back, reserve a spot, but are not invited back
Lesson learned, don’t make waves at a major convention that always sells out their space. Based on what these guys said, they got screwed for exercising their customer rights. I am sure this kinda thing happens more than we know, but I am certainly glad these guys had the gumption to make this public.
Oh, and read their comic, its good!