With its release four months away, the anticipation for Warner Bros. Superman reboot, MAN OF STEEL, has built momentum faster than a speeding bullet. The first two trailers teased us at the potential of a Superman film that would finally live up to the title of “MAN OF STEEL.” However, they’ve also been a bit dark and light on action, which has led some to believe we may see a retread of SUPERMAN RETURNS, rather than the smash-up superhero tale that the The Last Son of Krypton deserves. The darker tone has also suggested that Christopher Nolan may have injected too much “Dark Knight” influence over the film.
Well, according to our source, your fears may well finally be put to rest.
A scooper (whom we know and trust 100%) has sent us reactions to early screenings of the film happening at WB, addressing many of the common concerns that we’ve all had from the beginning. Here’s his bullet points from the screening(s):
– Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
– It’s the best movie of the year.
– There’s TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
– The cape is CG’d most of the time so it can look awesome.
– They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
– It’s not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
– The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place
So, to summarize…awesome! Now, it’s a bold claim to call it the “best movie of the year,” especially this early on, but everything else is golden. To me, having tons of action was the biggest requirement, because we haven’t really seen Big Blue do some serious damage since the 1970’s and that’s with some seriously antiquated effects. The CGI cape hasn’t really been a secret and we can see as much in the trailers already. Personally, I’m totally down with it and have no qualms.